Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Future Unknown - Part 1

At 21 a senior in college the future is unknown,
If there was a mirror that can give me a glimpse of it I wonder what it would have shown
Is there a man on the horizon with pure love in his heart?
Does he make me get up out of bed each morning with a effortless start?
Are there children who giggle and frolic about?
Do I make up stories for them and love unconditionally without a doubt?
Is my dream job there too?
Am I making news - with thousands of people waiting to hear my views?
Do I eagerly look forward to living life each day or wait to die?
Do I look to the future with excitement or sit and cry?
Will there be happiness?
Will there be love?
Only I can shape what is seen in that mirror with decisions that are made today
Pressure is a word to describe what I am feeling for I want to live my life the happy way.

No comments: